Louvre Museum is one of the most popular museums in the world. This house full of art is located in the capital city of France, Paris, and has recorded more than 8 million visitors per year since 2007. The New York Daily News declared the most-visited museum in the world. The Louvre was established in 1792.
Some of the important collections located inside this museum are:
- Mona Lisa made by Leonardo da Vinci
- Venus de Milo made by Alexandros of Antioch
- The Lacemaker made by Johannes Vermeer
- The Rape of the Sabine Romen made by Nicolas Poussin
- Woman with a Mirror made by Tiziano Vecellio
- Seashore by Moonlight made by Caspar David Friedrich
Jean-Luc Martinez is the director of this museum. Inside of the Louvre you can find the work of many important artists and enjoy exhibitions and events in and outside the Louvre. To check the dates of exhibitions and events, enter the official website of the museum and plan a great day at the Louvre.
Marie-Laure de Rochebrune is the name of the actual curator of the museum. The opening hours and working days of the Louvre are:
- Every day, except Thursday
- From 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Wednesdays and Fridays, Louvre Museum is open until 9:45 pm