Tate is a museum in London that is considered one of the most visited in the world. These museums have an impressive collection of British art from 1900 to 2014 and some international collections.
The actual director of the Tate Modern is Chris Dercon and is located in Bankside, London. If you ever decide to visit London, check these impressive museums with several galleries to visit.
Sir Henry Tate is who inspired the creation of the first of four galleries that compose this museum. That’s right, four galleries to visit with so much history on it that you are not going to leave quick.
The four galleries are:
Previously known as the National Gallery of British Art, was established in 1987. In 1932, the gallery changed its name to “Tate Gallery” and in 2000 was finally names “Tate Britain”. This one is located in Millbank, London.
It is the second established in 1988. This one is located in Albert Dock, Liverpool, England and the director Is Francesco Maraconda.
Tate St Ives
It is located in a small Cornish town on the southwest coast. This one was established in 1993 and the illumination characteristics make this museum a must visit place.
It is the more recent. This one was established in 2000 and is a modern art gallery located in Bankside, London.
British Museum is the name of one of the most visited museums in the world. This place is located in Great Russell Street in London, United Kingdom, and it was established 261 years ago in 1753. This museum is dedicated to human history and culture so if you ever decide to visit London, enter this museum and watch one of the largest collections of art in the world. This museum also presents exhibitions and tours for you to really enjoy the visit.
Sir Hans Sloane (1660 – 1753) was a British physician, naturalist and collector that died on January, 1953. Over his lifetime, he collected more than 71,000 invaluable objects that he wanted to preserve so he bequeathed this collection to King George II. The King accepted this gift and through an Act of Parliament, the British Museum was established in 1753. The museum finally opened in 1759. With the past of the years, this museum has been expanded several times.
“Ancient Lives, New Discoveries” is the name of one of the exhibitions that is open right now and it will be open until November, 30th. In the official website of the museum, you can check the prices and make reservations for the events. The British Museum is open from 10:00 to 17:30 and during Fridays; the closing time is extended to 20:30 and the entry is free.
Air and Space have always have call the attention of the world because of the big impact that have had in the developing of the humanity used as public transportation and also as an important part for science to investigate what’s surrounding the world in the space.
Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
Museums around the world expose the history of the aviation from the beginning to the modernity, through historian treasures recollected and archived by pilots, designers, engineers and some other members related with. This history is narrated and exhibited to the public in the best air and space museums around the world:
- Palm Springs Air Museum (California, United States)
- Central Museum of the Air Forces (Monino, Russia)
- Royal Flying Doctor Service Museum (Alice Springs, Australia)
- Red Bull Hangar-7 (Salzburg, Austria)
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum (Ottawa, Canada)
- China Aviation Museum (Beijing)
- Polish Aviation Museum (Krakow, Poland)
- Pima Air & Space Museum (Arizona, United States)
- State Aviation Museum of Ukraine (Kiev, Ukraine)
- French Air and Space Museum (Le Bourget, France)
- Future of Flight Aviation Center and Boeing Tour (Washington, United States)
- National Museum of the United States Air Force (Ohio, United States)
- Imperial War Museum Duxford (Duxford, UK)
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum (Washington, D.C.)
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Oshkosh hosts the largest annual aviation exhibition in Wittman Regional Airport. Since 1953 the Experimental Aircraft Association offers to the aircraft fans a big show with more than 10,000 workshops that include almost every aspect of recreational aviation and aeronautics. The next gathering is scheduled for July 28 August 3, 2014.
Wisconsin aviation exhibition is listed as one of the best air shows around the world.
Museums are usually exhibiting great art of some worldwide recognized artist getting thousands of visitors by year. Some artists decided to build a new museum concept around the world with the idea of showing a different point of view of arts, creating the 10 weirdest museums around the world:
- Currywurst Museum, Berlin
- Parasite Museum, Tokyo
- Museum of Funeral Carriages, Barcelona
- Dog Collar Museum, Leeds Castle, Kent
- Phallus Museum, Iceland
- Paris Sewers Museum, Paris
- The Museum of Bad Art, Boston
- Museum of Witchcraft, Cornwall
- Museum of the Holy Souls in Purgatory, Rome
- Torture Museum, Amsterdam
Strange Places for Art Galleries
Art Galleries are usually located in greatest location or important museums. Artist like the Photographer Andreas Frank or Sam Pulitzer and Mathieu Malouf try to take art to unexpected places to make the experience enjoin the art in 10 strange places for Art Galleries:
- Nashville’s Smallest Art Gallery (NSAG)
- William Gallery, New York
- Art on Track, Chicago
- The Boston Museums of Fine Art
- Redemption Gallery, Michigan
- Shoebox L.A.
- The Homeless Museum of Art, New York
- Bosnian Nuclear Bunker, Yugoslavia
- The Underbelly, Paris
- The Vandenberg: Life Below the Surface, Florida
Museums are the most visited attraction by tourist and residents. In the United Kingdom a variety of exhibitions and amazing collected treasures are available for be appreciated by the public call the attention of those interesting of enjoy the history of the world through the art, sculptures, photography, old documents and some other object showed in this institutions.
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow
London, as the capital of the United Kingdom, offers in its major museums a great among of different options and hundreds of exhibitions for the public interested. Some of those London Museums are listed, as well, in the top 20 museums of the UK:
- National Football Museum, Manchester
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow
- National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh
- Monkwearmouth Station Museum, Sunderland
- V&A Museum of Childhood, London
- Big Pit National Coal Museum, Torfaen
- St Fagans National History Museum, Cardiff
- Coventry Transport Museum
- Royal Armouries, Leeds
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Wakefield
- World Museum Liverpool
- Pitt Rivers Museum, Oxford
- Nottingham Contemporary
- North Lincolnshire Museum, Scunthorpe
- Mansfield Museum, Nottinghamshire
- Haslemere Educational Museum, Surrey
- Falmouth Art Gallery, Cornwall
- Weston Park Museum, Sheffield
- The Herbert Art Gallery and Museum, Coventry
- Blaise Castle House Museum, Bristol
Best Exhibitions on British Museum
British museums host around 8 million objects in its collection that tells the history of the humanity from the earliest beginnings registered.Egyptian priests, Parthenon on the Acropolis in Greece, collection of mummies, are some of the greatest treasures exhibited in the British museums.
- The Rosetta Stone
- The Sutton Hoo Ship Burial Helmet
- The Lewis Chessmen
- The Elgin Marbles
- Colossal Granite Head of Amenhotep III
- Hoa Hakananai’a – The Easter Island Statue
- Aztec Double-Headed Serpent
- The Vindolanda Tablets
- The Cat Mummies
- The Portland Vase
Rome is recognized as a very cultural city. Since the antique civilization, the history and the modernity it has converged in the art representation, converting the city in an icon of arts and culture visited by thousands people every year. The museums are a mandatory stop for tourist interesting to observe and learn about the world history exhibited in the best museums and galleries of Rome.
- Maxxi (National Museum of Art from the 21st Century)
- Macro: Museo d’Arte Contemporanea
- Palazzo Altemps
- CineCittà Studios
- Auditorium Parco della Musica
- Santa Maria in Trastevere
- Museo Nazionale dell’Alto Medioevo
- Ostia Antica
- Galleria Lorcan O’Neill
Museum of The Vatican
Catholic Church is an important part of the world history, collecting through time many historical pieces exhibited for the believers and the general tourist in the Vatican Museums, one of the most important museums of Rome. The amazing art of famous artist like Laocoön, Pinturicchio, Raphael, Michelangelo are showing in this majestic building beside of centuries of popes’ treasures.
Vatican City receives every year thousands and thousands of believers that visit the capital of Italy, Rome, to connect and be closer to their faith. This year an important event will gather millions of pilgrims in honor to the canonization of John Paul II and John XXIII the second Sunday of Easter, April 27.
Museums are educational opportunities for cities’ residents and visitors to know American history and achievement trough greatest exhibition. Washington DC most famous museums are near or along the National Mall that runs between the Lincoln Memorial and the U.S. Capitol.
Smithsonian Institution consisting of 19 museums and galleries, the National Zoological Park, and nine research facilities. Founded in 1846, is the world’s largest museum and research complex.
Top 5 Best 5 Washington DC Museums
Washington DC, capital of the US, has approximately 75 museums in DC Area expose the history of American and the world. From Science to Art, through Dinosaurs and the space, thousands of visitors from all over the world stops on this places to learn or just curiosity.
- National Museum of Natural History Museum (Smithsonian)
- National Air and Space Museum (Smithsonian)
- U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Mount Vernon Estate and Gardens
Android had come with an app “Museums In Washington DC” to help guide the museums visitors. Can choose the museum to visit by category or from a map, can directly email & phone museum, access to the museum community and check hours of operation and cost.Google Pay app include as well, a special link for all Smithsonian Museums.