Tourist schedules always include visiting museums. Some people believe that if someone goes to visit a city any where on the world and really want it to get to know it, is mandatory to go visit at least the more recognized museums.
México, with over 150 museums, and Paris are the cities with more museums of the world. Cities like London have six of the top 20 museums more visited. Washington DC and Paris are the next most cultural cities because there is where the number of world-renowned museums are. Also, London and Paris are the cities with the UNESCO World Heritage Sites highest number, with 4 each one.
Louvre in Paris
National Museum of Natural History
- The Cairo (Egypt),
- New You (USA),
- Berlin (Germany) and
- Rome (Italy) among other cities, have as well a big number of greatest museums on the world.
Museums are a typical stop in every trip. If you are traveling around the world, you should not miss the Top 14 Best Museums in the world:
- Louvre in Paris, France
- Egyptian Museum in Cairo, Egipt
- Vatican City in Rome, Italy
- Metropolitan Museum of Art in New Your City, USA
- British Museum in London, England
- Uffizi Gallery in Florence, Italy
- Hermitage Museum in Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City, USA
- Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, Spain
- National Palace Museum in Taipei, China
- National Museum of Anthropology in Mexico City, Mexico
- Prado Museum in Madrid, Spain
- Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, Netherland
- Tokyo National Museum, Japan
The Mexican artist Frida Kahlo was such an important painter not only in her country, but in the whole world due to her fantastic work made through her different paints that express lots of her life.
In the Naval Training Center at Liberty Station, San Diego, there is an exhibition of more than 123 replicas of the real paints made by Kahlo. The idea is having the replicas just as she could make it during her life.
Sometimes people get focused just in the political issues that come every day and forget about all the great things that exist out of those things. Art can be an example.
In the United States, in the Mexican Museum, there is a marvelous collection from the Mexican artist José Guadalupe Posada. All his paints (or at least the one from the permanent collection of the Museum) talks about the national items coming from Mexico and are all expressed in a very colorful way.
It would be great if all of us just forget about the “reality” for a while and try to see further and an amazing way to do it is through art. So let’s give art a chance and enjoy paintings like the ones from Mexico that have lots of things to say and express.