Museums are the most visited attraction by tourist and residents. In the United Kingdom a variety of exhibitions and amazing collected treasures are available for be appreciated by the public call the attention of those interesting of enjoy the history of the world through the art, sculptures, photography, old documents and some other object showed in this institutions.
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow
London, as the capital of the United Kingdom, offers in its major museums a great among of different options and hundreds of exhibitions for the public interested. Some of those London Museums are listed, as well, in the top 20 museums of the UK:
- National Football Museum, Manchester
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow
- National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh
- Monkwearmouth Station Museum, Sunderland
- V&A Museum of Childhood, London
- Big Pit National Coal Museum, Torfaen
- St Fagans National History Museum, Cardiff
- Coventry Transport Museum
- Royal Armouries, Leeds
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Wakefield
- World Museum Liverpool
- Pitt Rivers Museum, Oxford
- Nottingham Contemporary
- North Lincolnshire Museum, Scunthorpe
- Mansfield Museum, Nottinghamshire
- Haslemere Educational Museum, Surrey
- Falmouth Art Gallery, Cornwall
- Weston Park Museum, Sheffield
- The Herbert Art Gallery and Museum, Coventry
- Blaise Castle House Museum, Bristol
Best Exhibitions on British Museum
British museums host around 8 million objects in its collection that tells the history of the humanity from the earliest beginnings registered.Egyptian priests, Parthenon on the Acropolis in Greece, collection of mummies, are some of the greatest treasures exhibited in the British museums.
- The Rosetta Stone
- The Sutton Hoo Ship Burial Helmet
- The Lewis Chessmen
- The Elgin Marbles
- Colossal Granite Head of Amenhotep III
- Hoa Hakananai’a – The Easter Island Statue
- Aztec Double-Headed Serpent
- The Vindolanda Tablets
- The Cat Mummies
- The Portland Vase
When it is about art it seems that artists will never die. This time, René Magritte – one of the most important painters of the 20th century- will be in an exhibition in the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
This is a selection of photos and commercial work from the artist. The MoMA Museum is known because of the greatness of its exhibitions so this seems to be a big one too. The gallery will be open for the public since January 12, 2014.
When it is about art everything is possible. In the Chicago Art Institute there is an interesting exhibition in which food, painting, history and art are all related. In this gallery there are more than 100 paintings from centuries 18, 19 and 20th.
The idea is, among other things, showing how food has been represented by artist through the years, in addition to all the cultural and historical aspects related to the point of view of each painter at the moment of painting any kind of food.
Black and white stripes are used on floors, tables, fabrics, china and naturally on zebras. Power/Superstripe is an exhibition at the Londonnewcastle Project Space in London. The exhibition is organized in conjunction with Patternity, an online organization that acts as an archive research.
There will be two weeks of seminars and discussions over stripes in the world of design. The organizers of the event think this kind of shows is good to create a display that surprises and informs. Show rooms will be filled with graphic photographs showing stripes ranging from fashion to uniforms.
Bone china will be present and a film called “When Stripes Collide” can be watched. Accessories are included in the exhibition. It looks like geometry will dominate fashion at the spring season; this exhibition will help to see what is coming.
Source: http: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/09/fashion/09iht-fpattern09.html?ref=fashion
Stripes on a Zebra